"This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links."
Every CrossFit enthusiast has one or two gears they can never do without. I’ve been to different CrossFit show and I’ve seen how important some kits are to every person involved in this sport and one which I notice which is common is the use of the best watches for CrossFit.
With close observation, I got to realize those wristwatches are not the normal ones you find in most people’s wrists. I mean they are not the types designed for official meetings because they are loaded with features that will enhance the user’s experience.
Should you or not wear a wristwatch for CrossFit?
It should never be a debate for those who are involved in Crossfit. It is an aerobic game and therefore you need a device that could help you keep close track and monitor your progress and one to consider is a quality watch with top amazing sporty features.
Without further ado, let’s run through the lists of the best watches that should be considered for Crossfit if it is your choice among many sports.
Best fitness watches for CrossFit – Experts picked
Garmin 010-02173-11 Venu, GPS Smartwatch with Bright Touchscreen Display
Garmin 010-02173-11 Venu, GPS Smartwatch with Bright Touchscreen Display, Features Music, Body Energy Monitoring, Animated Workouts, Pulse Ox Sensor and...
- Beautiful, bright amoled display and up to five-day battery life in smartwatch mode; Up to six hours in GPS and music mode
- The broadest range of all-day health monitoring features keeps track of your energy levels, respiration, menstrual cycle, stress, sleep, estimated heart rate and more
- Easily download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon music or Deezer (may require a premium subscription With a third-party music provider), and connect with headphones (sold...
- Record all the ways to move with more than 20 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, pool swimming and more
- Get easy-to-follow, animated cardio, strength, yoga and Pilates workouts right on your watch screen. Smartphone compatibility-iPhone, Android
These days, watches do everything except clean your kitchen for you and this one is no different. Because it is made by Garmin, you can trust it to be reliable and accurate. It comes with everything you need to make your life simpler, including listening to music, keeping track of your health statistics, and the ability to work on both iPhones and Android phones. It is a very versatile watch that you’ll find yourself using all throughout the day, and its user-friendly functions mean that you’ll be working it like a pro in no time.
This Garmin smartwatch is nothing short of amazing. Below are some pros and cons to help you get a better idea of what owning the watch is like:
- In smartwatch mode, you get up to five days of battery life
- It comes with 20+ preloaded apps
- You get animated workouts that are easy to follow and colorful
- It is compatible with both iPhones and Android phones
- Some complaints about it constantly un-pairing with its smartphone
- Some claims that the heart rate and other monitors were not accurate
Even if you utilize the GPS mode in this watch, you can keep it there for a full six hours before having to recharge. You can listen to music through various music apps and even use your headphones if you like.
Garmin Vivosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit
Garmin vívosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit - Imperial Purple (Deep Purple)
- NOTE: The image on the packaging shows a brighter purple then the actual unit's color. The actual unit color is a very deep purple.
- WRIST-BASED HEART RATE - Tracks heart rate to provide more accurate calories burned information.
- FLOORS CLIMBED - Climbing stairs is tough -get credit for the extra work, thanks to an integrated barometric altimeter.
- INTENSITY MINUTES - Monitor your progress against aerobic activity goals recommended by health organizations such as the American Heart Association, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and...
- ACTIVITY TRACKING - Displays steps, calories, distance, heart rate, floors climbed, intensity minutes and time of day.
Very reasonably priced at around $100, this dark purple-colored fitness watch is perfect for people on the go who still want to get things done and stay active. It is compatible with both iOS and Android watches and can track things such as heart rate, number of steps taken, intensity minutes, number of stairs taken, and so much more. If you enjoy monitoring your health stats throughout the day, this is the watch you want. Its sleek, very modern design is sure to attract attention wherever you go.
Some of the advantages and disadvantages in this watch include:
- Is very reasonably priced
- Displays steps, calories, heart rate, and time of day
- Has slim, sleek design everyone loves
- Is very accurate and reliable
- Some claims that the watch keeps having to be reset constantly.
- Some complaints about the sync feature not working right
With a screen that tells you what you need to know about your health at any point during the day, this fit device even has an integrated barometric altimeter that gives you credit every time you climb those few extra stairs, making each exercise routine much more productive. Once you see where your numbers are, you can easily set goals for the future to improve those numbers, and this device helps you get started so you can reach those goals a lot sooner.
Garmin Vivosmart 4 Activity and Fitness Tracker
Garmin Vivosmart 4, Activity and Fitness Tracker w/ Pulse Ox and Heart Rate Monitor, Black
- Slim, smart activity tracker blends fashionable design with stylish metal accents and a bright, easy to read display.Physical size: Small: Fits wrists with a circumference of 122-188 mm. Large:Fits...
- Includes advanced sleep monitoring with REM sleep and can gauge blood oxygen saturation levels during the night with the wrist based Pulse Ox sensor. (Not a medical device and not intended for use in...
- Fitness and health monitoring tools include estimated wrist based heart rate, all day stress tracking, Relaxation breathing timer, Vo2 Max, body battery energy monitor and more
- Features dedicated activity timers for walks, runs, strength training, yoga, pool swims and others; Lens material: Polycarbonate. Strap material: Silicone. Compatible Devices VIRB Ultra 30 , VIRB...
- Get vibration alerts for All notifications, including calls, text messages and more (text replies available for Android device users). Display resolution: 48 x 128 pixels
Another great tracker device made by Garmin, this one has a sharp black color and is only .75 inches wide, making it a sleek device that looks great on anyone. Its easy-to-read display makes it super easy to read the numbers that are most important to you, and you can even get vibration alerts for calls, texts, and much more, notifying you immediately if you get contacted by someone. Its price of around $98 also makes it a favorite, as does its ability to tell you your heart rate, stress level, and a whole lot more. It is a convenient device to have when you’re on the go a lot.
Anything made by Garmin is going to be reliable and accurate, and this one is no different. Nevertheless, all products have pros and cons, and these include the following for this particular device:
- Is very reasonably priced
- Tracks all of the stats and numbers you consider important
- Has battery that lasts up to seven days in most modes
- Monitors your REM sleep and blood oxygen saturation levels
- Some claims that the heart rate and pulse oxygen meter features don’t work right
- Some complaints that the monitored stats weren’t accurate
You get a lot of bang for your buck with this device because it provides you with all sorts of statistics that you need to help you develop your and attain your health goals. It is very user-friendly and sleek-looking, so it both looks great and works great.
Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker
Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker, Graphite/Black, One Size (S and L Bands Included)
- Better measure calorie burn, understand resting heart rate & more with 24x7 heart rate tracking and a battery life of up to 7 days (varies with use and other factors); charge time (0 to 100%) 2 hours
- Choose from 15 plus exercise modes like run, bike, swim, yoga, circuit training and more, set a goal, and get real time stats during your workouts to see how you can keep getting better
- Automatically record time spent in light, deep and REM sleep stages, see Activity trends, healthy insights, and personalized guidance in one place with Fitbit today. Operating temperature is -10° to...
- Swim proof and water resistant to 50 meters, so you can track swims and wear in the shower; we do not recommend wearing charge 3 in a hot tub or sauna; also connect to Smartphone GPS for real time...
- Stay connected to your day with everyday apps for weather and more and get called, text and smartphone app notifications on your wrist; small wristband fits a wrist between 5.5 to 7.1 inches; large...
Available in two different colors and sold for around $220, this high-quality and reliable activity tracker does everything except clean your house for you. It is a combination fitness tracker, pedometer, and sleep monitor, so you get all kinds of statistics and numbers that help you determine what you need to work on and how to improve your fitness routine. Some of these stats include time spent in REM sleep, health insights, and even personal recommendations that can help you reach your fitness goals much sooner. It is user-friendly and has a display screen that is easy to read, as well as a strap that is water-resistant up to 164 feet.
The Fitbit Charge 3 activity tracker is nothing short of amazing, and below are some of the advantages and disadvantages associated with it:
- Touchscreen display that is easy to use
- More than 15 exercise modes available
- Water-resistance up to 164 feet (50 meters)
- Compatibility with both iOS and Android phones
- Some claims that the battery life indicator is inaccurate
- Some complaints about it being difficult to sync
Not only does the Fitbit have tons of features that you’ll use again and again, but it is so easy to use that even non-techies can be operating it like a pro in no time. This activity tracker both looks good and works well, making this one purchase that you’ll never regret.
Garmin fēnix 5X Plus, GPS Smartwatch – Best calorie tracker device
Garmin fenix 5X Plus, Ultimate Multisport GPS Smartwatch, Features Color Topo Maps and Pulse Ox, Heart Rate Monitoring, Music and Contactless Payment,...
- Ultimate multisport GPS watch that estimates heart rate at the wrist and includes color Topo maps featuring trend line popularity routing to help you find and follow the best paths
- Wrist based Pulse Ox Acclimation sensor, a non medical device that provides awareness of your estimated blood oxygen saturation levels especially useful when you're adjusting to higher altitudes (not...
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features scratch resistant domed sapphire lens plus stainless steel or diamond like carbon (DLC) titanium bezel, and rear case
- Easily store and play upto 500 songs on your watch, and connect with Bluetooth headphones (sold separately) for phone free listening
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution (available for supported cards from participating banks) lets you make convenient payments with your watch, so you can leave your cash and cards at home.Battery...
I’m sure you are not surprised to find the Garmin watch as the first on this list. The brand is one of the best in the industry and the Garmin fēnix 5X Plus, Ultimate Multisport GPS Smartwatch meets all requirements to be the first on our list. It is built to last longer, so you have no worries.
As an athlete, you need to keep close tabs or be informed of what goes on in your body during any workout or training and the Garmin Fenix has an amazing capacity to do that. It has the ultimate multisport GPS that tracks your heart rate at the wrist.
It also has wrist-based Pulse Ox acclimation sensor and that works by telling you your blood oxygen saturation in the body. With it you can track your steps, movement, monitor your heart rate, know the numbers of calories you’ve expended and many more.
To the design of the watch, it is made with high-quality materials that feature a scratch-resistant domed sapphire lens, stainless steel titanium bezel, and rare case. It has a long-lasting battery which can be up for 20 days in smartwatch mode and 13 hours in GPS mode.
One of the interesting parts of the watch is that you can have fun while having your workout. It has the capacity to store more than 500 songs and play from your watch while you connect via Bluetooth headphones.
- Two working modes: Smartwatch and GPS
- Perfect for all kind of adventure
- Built with high-quality materials
- Rugged, durable and lightweight
- Long-lasting battery
- Keeps close tabs on fitness progress
- Altitude, heart rate, barometric, and compass are accurate
- It has no significant setback
Garmin vívosmart HR – Best Fitness Tracker for Crossfit
Garmin vívosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit - Black
- Sleek band is comfortable to wear all day, and the always on display shows your stats, even in sunlight
- Displays steps, distance, calories, heart rate, floors climbed and activity intensity. Strap material: silicone
- Receive text, call, email, calendar and social media alerts,Display type:sunlight visible, transflective memory in pixel (MIP)
- Control your music and your VIRB action camera (sold separately) all from your wrist,PHYSICAL SIZE:Width: 21.0 mm,Thickness: 12.3 mm,Regular: 137 188 mm circumference,X large: 180 221 mm circumference
- Reminds you to stay active with move bar and vibration alert.Smartphone compatibility:iPhone,Android,Windows
We are back to Garmin with Garmin vívosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit. There are many easy ways to keep close tabs on a daily record of things that go on around and with you when involved in any fitness activity and one of them is through the use of this fitness watch.
The watch is a versatile watch that tells more than the time. Although, it comes with a small screen where you get to see the data of your progress, yet it is one of the best as regarding the features and convenience.
You can wear for a longer period without feeling any pain in your hand with the help of its simple design and comfy strap. The watch can display your steps, calories, distance covered, heart rate, floors climbed and monitor the intensity of your program.
One other amazing fact about the watch is that it can receive call, text, email and it shows a calendar, get you alert on any social media update and you can also play music with it once it is connected to your headphone via Bluetooth.
It makes your fitness program fun and exciting for you. With the watch, you can get to know when and when not to stop your activity as it ensures you do not go beyond your limit. Those features make it one of the best for every athlete out there.
- Very accurate with readings
- Lightweight and comfy
- Durable and well built
- Stylish, adorable and perfect for all sporting activity
- Receives call, text, mail and keeps you updated
- It has no significant setback
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active (40MM, GPS, Bluetooth ) Smart Watch with Fitness Tracking, and Sleep Analysis - Black (US Version)
- Track your way to real results: Automatically detects up to 6 exercises, while tracking up to 39 more, right from your wrist
- Resolve to rest better; Helps you analyze your sleep patterns and encourages you to wind down to keep you refreshed and at your best; Compatible devices: Samsung Smartphone, Non Samsung Android...
- Sends you real time alerts if ever detecting a high or low heart rate, so you can be more proactive about your heart health
- Expand your Galaxy; Sync with your phone to stream your playlist, get notifications and more, right on your wrist
- Thin; Light; Durable a thin, lightweight and durable swim ready design comes in a variety of colors and interchangeable bands
Here we go again with this amazing watch. The first glance at the watch will make you overlook every other watch in the market. The design and construction are overwhelming. Kudos to the designer of the watch. However, it offers more than just beauty as the features are convincing too.
To start with the design, it comes with a wonderful comfy band strap that makes it convenient for you to wear for a longer period. Now to the construction of the watch, it is built with high-quality material and that makes it strong and durable to handle even the toughest activity.
Could there be a limitation to the use of the watch? The answer to that is no. The watch is a versatile style that can be used for more than 10 sports. It also comes with a water-resistant capacity which makes it ideal for swimming to a certain level.
With the watch, thanks for the features anyways, you can track your way to detect up to six exercises while you track up to 39 more from your wrist. It can track your sleep pattern, tracks your movement and helps you improve your fitness to stay healthy.
As you know it is a product of Samsung, you can easily connect it with your Samsung phone and listen to music after you must have to sync it. Connect it with your headphones via Bluetooth to enjoy any music of your choice.
- Long-lasting battery
- Keeps you updated about your health
- Monitor your sleep pattern
- Durable, lightweight and rugged
- Built to last longer
Garmin Forerunner 935 Running GPS Unit
Garmin 010-01746-00 Forerunner 935 Running GPS Unit (Black)
- Premium GPS running/triathlon watch with wrist based heart rate; Strap material: Silicone; Smartphone compatibility: iPhone, Android, Windows.Control Method:Application.Special Feature:Smarter...
- Offers advanced running and multisport Features in a comfortable watch you can wear all day, and it only weighs 49 grams
- Provides elevation changes with a built in barometer; altimeter and electronic compass help you keep your bearings
- Evaluates your training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it and offers additional performance monitoring Features
- Provides advanced dynamics for running, cycling and swimming, including ground contact time balance, stride length and more. Bezel Material: Fiber reinforced polymer
The Garmin Forerunner 935 Running GPS Unit is another style of a fitness watch that can be considered for all kinds of sporting activity. You don’t just have to worry about the convenience with the watch, it has a silicone strap which makes it easier for you to wear for a longer period.
The watch dynamism is second to none. The knowledge behind the construction of the watch is overwhelming which makes it quite difficult to overlook for those who knows the value of the watch.
Among many things it offers are the advanced running and multisport features which make it a perfect piece for sports activities. Also, it has a built-in barometer, altimeter and electronic compass which help you to keep to your bearings.
If you are involved in activities such as Crossfit, running, cycling, swimming, hiking and many more, you should consider this watch. It is simple to wear, serves you better, can handle all kinds of pressure and rigor from your fitness routines.
- Very strong and durable
- Lightweight and portable
- Perfect for different sport activity
- Comfy and convenient for long term use
- It has no significant setback
Fitbit Versa Lite Smartwatch
Fitbit Versa Lite Smartwatch, Charcoal/Silver Aluminum, One Size (S & L Bands Included)
- Track your all day activity, 24/7 heart rate, & sleep stages all with a 4 plus day battery life (varies with use and other factors)
- Use 15 plus exercise modes like run or swim (Fitbit versa is water resistant to 50 meters) to record workouts and connect to Smartphone GPS for more precise real time pace & distance
- Access your favorite apps for sports, weather & more and get called, calendar, text, and app alerts. Send quick replies to messages
- Get call, text, calendar and smartphone app notifications when your phone is nearby. Plus send quick replies on android only
- Enjoy a slim, comfortable design with a lightweight, anodized aluminum watch body. Syncing range up to 6.1 meters
The Fitbit Versa Lite Smartwatch comes in different styles for you to choose the one that suits your interest. The design and construction of the watch are dynamic and that makes it quite irresistible for most watch lovers. It is one of the fitness watches you can consider for your Crossfit activities.
Looking for a watch that can track all-day activities and help you improve on all areas, you have seen the right one here. It gives you an accurate reading of your heart rate, it tells you your sleep pattern with insight on how you can improve and it has a long battery life span.
One of the uniqueness of the watch is the 15 plus exercise modes that it comes with. It makes it so easier for those who have little knowledge of what to do to kick start their fitness journey without the assistance or help from anyone.
The band of the watch is slim and lightweight which makes it comfy while you have it wrapped on your wrist. It can be worn for a longer period without feeling any sign of inconvenience. The body of the watch is made of anodized aluminum which makes it solid.
- Tracks all-day activity
- It has a long battery life span
- Resistant to water within 50m
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to use, control and set
- It has no significant setback
Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband
Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband- Optical Heart Rate Armband Monitor with Dual Band Radio ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart - Bonus Pack includes...
- Not Orange Theory Compatible - Heart Rate Monitor Armband Featuring a Large and Small Black Strap. Bonus Pack Includes One Additional Free Orange Armband
- RHYTHM+ works with most popular health and fitness apps, including: digifit, run keeper, mapmyfitness, Strava, and more. Not compatible with Orange Theory Fitness Centers.
- Works with all Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ enabled devices and equipment: watches, fitness equipment, smartphones, and tablets Breathable lightweight Armband - no need for a bulky chest strap
- Ip67 waterproof construction can be submerged up to 1 meter
- RHYTHM plus works with most popular health and fitness apps, including: DigiFit Run keeper MapMyFitness Strava and more
we have the inspiration to end this list with the Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband. It is one of the amazing timepieces you will ever be grateful to own and use of your fitness programs. It comes with amazing design with additional armband for you.
The watch is a combination of fashion and value. It meets every value for its price as it has amazing design, top quality features and it meets every demand for any sports activity. The watch is indeed versatile and it proves that with its compatibility with vast numbers of fitness apps.
It totally eliminates the need for any chest strap to monitor your heartbeat and some other things. You just have to wrap around your wrist and allow the watch to take its reading. It works with all Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ enabled devices.
It is resistant to water and can be used for swimming but never be considered for diving. It works effectively, can fit anyone irrespective of the dimension of your wrists. Keeping close tabs on your fitness program is much easier with the watch.
- Makes tracking of fitness routine easier
- Lightweight and portable
- Durable and rugged
- Compatible with any fitness app and Bluetooth enabled devices
- It offers a dependable heart rate number
- Very comfortable to wear
- The battery is rechargeable
- The band is a little clunky and does become a sweat magnet
Consider with wristwatches for CrossFit?
There is no much to consider when buying a wristwatch for your Crossfit program, but there are important factors you should consider.
You should be more concerned about what will serve you better. It is the reason you should look out for the durability of the watch. It must meet and soak in pressure from the activities you will be involved in.
You should consider the pressure, the rigor of your work and then choose a watch that is durable that can withstand the pressure and still work excellently whenever you can on it.
Well, you might think since you won’t be using it for swimming, it is not a factor to consider. That is far from being true. You should consider the watch’s ability to resist water because you might be caught up in the rain sometimes when you work outdoor.
There are amazing features that come watch designed for athletes. The features to mention a few include measuring the heart rate, pulse rate, steps, sleep, calories, distance covered and many more. All these features are contributing to the things you should consider when deciding you want a watch for your fitness activity.
The design of the watch is also an important factor to consider. You should be able to fall in love with your watch and be happy whenever you have it wrapped on your wrists. Due to this, the design has lots to say if you will like the watch or not. Choose the one that is built with high-quality materials and an alluring style.
It is time for you to choose the best watches for CrossFit and you are confused about the one you should choose. Well, you do not have to worry anymore, with our lists above, you can be assured you will make the right choice.
Last update on 2022-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API