"This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links."
As hunters, the last thing you would ever add to your hunting gear list is a wristwatch. It is not an important gear for hunting but if you are someone like me, you will want to consider getting one of the best watch for hunters.
I can get too engrossed with the drive I have for hunting and become less cautious of the time. Having a quality wristwatch will help me keep close attention to the time and also help me in keeping to the tasks.
Should a hunter wear a wristwatch?
The question is why should hunters not wear a wristwatch? Does it add value or impact their hunting performance? Those are questions I keep asking myself whenever I see people raising a claim on why hunters should wear a wristwatch.
The decision to wear a wristwatch should be personal. But in many ways, it has proven to be the right decision for hunters. You can easily know what the time says, keep up to time with hunting, know when you should leave the field, and some have amazing features that can influence your hunting performance.
Choosing the best hunter wristwatch
Without wasting much of your time on introducing you to the importance of wearing a watch as hunters, let’s go through some of the top picked products that you should consider if you are a hunter.
Casio Men’s Pro Trek PRG-270-1 Tough Solar Triple Sensor Multifunction Digital Sport Watch
Casio Men's Pro Trek PRG-270-1 Tough Solar Triple Sensor Multifunction Digital Sport Watch
- Tough Solar Power,100M Water Resistant,Low Temperature Resistant (-10 C / 14 F),Module 3415,Approx. Battery Life: 9 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
- Accuracy: +/- 15 seconds per month ,Full Auto Calendar (Pre-programmed until the year 2099),5 Daily Alarms (4 one-time and 1 snooze alarm),World Time 31 time zones (48 cities + UTC), city name...
- Full Auto LED (Super Illuminator) Backlight with Afterglow,Countdown Timer Measuring unit: 1 second Countdown range: 24 hours Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute...
- Barometer Display range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg) Display unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg),Thermometer Display range: -10 to 60 C (14 to 140 F) Display unit: 0.1 C (0.2 F)
- Digital Compass Measures and displays direction as one of 16 points Measuring range: 0 to 359 degrees Measuring unit: 1 degree 60 seconds continuous measurement Graphic direction pointer Bidirectional...
Priced at just below $117, this is a reasonably priced watch that does a lot more than you think. It is water-resistant up to 328 feet (100 meters) and has a battery life of nine months once it’s fully charged. The background is lit to help you see the dial even when it’s dark, and it provides you with all sorts of tools you’ll need to manage your fitness goals in order to achieve them. This is a great sporty watch that looks great, works great, and has lots of the high-tech features normally only found on more expensive watches.
- Features that include compass, altimeter, barometer, and countdown timer, to name a few
- Reasonable price
- Preprogrammed calendar and 31 different time zones
- Water- and low-temperature resistance
- Some complaints about it not working for long
- Some complaints about certain features not being accurate
The solar power feature of the watch is one of users’ favorites, and the many features it offers allows fitness enthusiasts to track their stats and therefore makes it easier to eventually achieve their fitness goals.
SUUNTO Core Outdoor Sport Watch
Suunto Core Classic, Outdoor Watch, All Black
- Suunto Core: This classic outdoor sports watch is packed with intelligent features like a Storm Alarm, Altimeter, Barometer and compass to keep you informed of conditions while you hike, bike, or camp
- Essential for Adventure: This watch has dual times, date display, and alarm, plus predicted times for sunrise and sunset to help maximize your daylight hours and a depth meter accurate up to 30 feet
- Suunto Sports Watches: Versatile and durable, Suunto sports watches are great for running, swimming, cycling, gym workouts, hiking, and other outdoor sports; Whatever your needs, Suunto has a watch...
- Adventure Starts Here: Combining Scandinavian design with ultra durable materials, our watches track your sports, daily activity, and sleep to help you keep life, training and recovery in balance
- Authentic Heritage: Founded in 1936, Suunto brings over 80 years of high quality heritage craftsmanship, relentless accuracy, and pioneering innovation to our watches, compasses, and dive products
This watch is black and available in four different trim colors and offers a ton of features that active people love. The numbers on the screen are large and super easy to read. Some of its basic functions include altimeter, barometer, storm alarm, and compass, giving you the tools that come in handy if you jog, swim, or ride bikes. People on the go love the SUUNTO Core sport watch because it makes staying in shape a lot easier. It is made of ultra-durable materials and is built to last, and it even has predicted times for sunrise and sunset so that you can make the most out of your daylight time.
- Has numerous monitoring features to help active people
- Is great for running, swimming, bicycling, and hiking
- Is available in four different designs
- Some claims that the watch lasted less than a year
- Some complaints about overall quality
This watch is sleek and modern-looking, so it looks as good as it works. Its trim colors include black, red, yellow, and steel. Getting into shape is a lot easier when you use watches that track and monitor all of your stats, and this watch can help you get in better shape in no time.
Casio Men’s Pathfinder Triple Sensor Multifunction Sport Watch
Casio Men's PRO TREK Stainless Steel Quartz Watch with Resin Strap, Black, (Model: PAG-240-1CR)
- 100 M Water Resistance
- Solar Powered - Solar panel features rechargable battery with approximately 7 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge) 25 months on...
- Triple Sensor - Digital Compass, Altimeter, Barometer & Thermometer
- World Time w/ 31 Time Zones (48 Cities) and Daylight Saving on/off
- 1/100-Second Stop Watch (Measuring Capacity 23:59'59.99")
This solar-powered watch has numerous features that on-the-go people will love, including a compass, barometer, thermometer, altimeter, EL backlight, and a calendar that has been pre-programmed and contains information to the year 2099. The battery will last up to six months when charged, and the watch itself is water-resistant to 328 feet (100 meters). This means that you can even snorkel and swim with the watch and nothing will happen to it. It also has a resin band with a buckle closure to make sure that it fits right, and it is perfect for runners, swimmers, and cyclists.
While this is indeed a high-quality watch, it does have both pros and cons, and these include the following:
- Is great for most types of sporting activities
- Has dozens of features to make staying in shape a lot easier
- Is powered by the sun with a battery that lasts up to six months
- Has stainless-steel case and mineral dial window
- Some claims that the numerals are difficult to see
- Some complaints about the alarm beeper being too low
With this watch, you also get a countdown timer, both 12- and 24-hour formats, five daily alarms, and even a power-saving function. It is user-friendly and does a lot of things that are usually found only on watches that cost a lot more money.
Casio hunting watch – G-Shock Men’s GD-120CM Camo Sport
Casio G-Shock Men's GD-120CM Camo Sport Watch
- Shock-resistant sport watch featuring LED backlight, flash alert, Multi Time, world time, stopwatch, and count-down timer
- Also features five daily alarms, full auto calendar, and 12/24 hour format
- 51 mm resin case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with digital display
- Silicon band with buckle closure
This camo sports watch from Casio known as Casio G-Shock Men’s GD-120CM Camo Sport Watch is a wonderful fit for your hunting outfit. It comes with the subtle camo color that will blend with your camo hunting clothes. It can be used for everyday hunting tasks without any hassles.
The wristwatch has a compact design but it is lightweight. It has a comfy strap that wraps around your wrists giving you a snug fit with the help of the buckle. The watch has a shock resistance feature since it is of the family of G-shock.
It has LED backlight which makes it easier to see the time even in low light conditions. It has a flash alert, multi-time function, shows world time with local time, has a stopwatch and count-down timer for specific uses.
One the watch you also have access to full auto-calendar, five daily alarms so you do not miss out on your next hunting quest. The digital display of the watch is amazing as the mineral dial window is clear enough for anyone to see the time.
- Silicone strap band for convenience
- Shock resistant
- Solar auto-recharge battery so no need for replacement
- Mineral dial window
- Water-resistant to 200m
- Lightweight and durable
- It has no significant setback
Casio Men’s Pro Trek PRW2500T Tough Solar Digital Sport Watch
Casio Men Protrek PRW2500T-7 Multi-Band Atomic Solar Wristwatch
- Tough Solar Power, Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping, 200M Water Resistant, Duplex LC Display, Tide Graph (tide level for specific date and time), Moon Data (moon age of the specific date and moon phase...
- Digital Compass, Altimeter, Altimeter Memeory, Barometer, Thermometer ; Thermometer Display range: -10 to 60 C (14 to 140 F) Display unit: 0.1 C (0.2 F) Low Temperature Resistant (-10 C / 14 F)
- Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow, 5 Independent Daily alarms, Hourly time signal, World Time, 1/100 second stopwatch
- Countdown Timer, Battery level indicator, Power saving function, Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099), 12/24 hour formats, Button operation tone on/off, Storage
- Battery: Solar rechargeable battery, Approx. battery life: 5 months on full charge (without further exposure to light), 23 months on full charge with Power Saving Function (without further exposure to...
The Casio Men’s Pro Trek PRW2500T Tough Solar Digital Sport Watch is such a dynamic watch that eliminates all need for battery replacement. It has touch solar power which makes it reliable to use the watch for about 23 months when on power-saving function.
This is not different from other watches in its operation. It comes as a digital display watch with lots of amazing features. You are likely to be deceived by the features as some are just included to add styles and fashion to the watch.
The watch features multi-band atomic timekeeping, duplex LC display, tide graph, moon data, digital compass, altimeter, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, and it is resistant to water within 200m.
Some of the amazing offers include the full auto EL backlight with afterglow, 5 independent daily alarms, hourly time signal, world time, and stopwatch. It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use and very convenient to use for hunting.
Also, it has a countdown timer, battery level indicator, button operation to switch on and off the watch. It is just like every other watch in the market but different in features. It is lightweight and portable to be used for a longer period.
- 200m water resistant
- The screen is clear and easy to read
- Looks acceptable anywhere
- Lightweight and safe to use anywhere
- Two time zones
- Durable and tough
- The temperature reading is not accurate
Garmin fēnix 5X Plus Ultimate Multisport GPS Smartwatch
Garmin fenix 5X Plus, Ultimate Multisport GPS Smartwatch, Features Color Topo Maps and Pulse Ox, Heart Rate Monitoring, Music and Contactless Payment,...
- Ultimate multisport GPS watch that estimates heart rate at the wrist and includes color Topo maps featuring trend line popularity routing to help you find and follow the best paths
- Wrist based Pulse Ox Acclimation sensor, a non medical device that provides awareness of your estimated blood oxygen saturation levels especially useful when you're adjusting to higher altitudes (not...
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features scratch resistant domed sapphire lens plus stainless steel or diamond like carbon (DLC) titanium bezel, and rear case
- Easily store and play upto 500 songs on your watch, and connect with Bluetooth headphones (sold separately) for phone free listening
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution (available for supported cards from participating banks) lets you make convenient payments with your watch, so you can leave your cash and cards at home.Battery...
The Garmin fēnix 5X Plus comes in a different color for you to choose any that is of interest to you. It is a resourceful wristwatch for hunters as it comes with roadmap features which enables you to track the trail you are walking through. It helps you to easily navigate your way to your destination and trace your way back to your starting line.
The watch is a wrist band heart rate monitor watch that helps you to track your heart rate whenever you have it on your hand. It doesn’t need a chest strap to monitor your heart rate. It is designed with a quality sensor to do that without hassles.
Also, the watch has a wrist-based Pulse Ox acclimation sensor which is a non-medical device that offers awareness of how your blood circulates in your body especially whenever you are adjusting to higher altitudes. What a wonderful feature for hunters.
The watch is designed to meet all requirements for outdoor adventure. It is resistant to scratch as it boasts of the domed sapphire lens. Everything about this watch shows its value and with its amazing features, it is difficult to overlook.
Another feature you will find with the watch is the ability to store songs up to 500. So you can easily listen to music while you connect the watch with your Bluetooth headphones to enjoy the best hunting adventure you ever crave for.
- Multinetwork navigation
- Accurate sensor
- No need to pull your phone out of your pack to manage your music
- Strong and portable
- Perfect for all-weather condition
Garmin Instinct Tundra Outdoor Hunting Watch with GPS
Garmin 010-02064-01 Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS, features Glonass and Galileo, Heart Rate Monitoring, 3-Axis Compass, Tundra
- Rugged GPS watch built to withstand the toughest environments.Supported Application:GPS,Fitness Tracker,Heart Rate Monitor,Sleep Monitor. Connectivity technology:GPS. Wireless comm standard:Bluetooth
- Constructed to U.S. Military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (rated to 100 meters)
- Built in 3 axis compass and barometric altimeter, plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, Glonass and Galileo) support helps track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Monitor your estimated heart rate, activity and stress; Train with preloaded activity profiles
- Stay connected with smart notifications (with a compatible smartphone) and automatic data uploads to the Garmin connect online fitness community
The Garmin Instinct is perfect for every outdoorsman in need of a quality wristwatch. The watch is designed with high-quality materials and has all that is required to meet with the standard watches out there in the market for outdoor adventure.
It is no doubt one of the best on this list considering the design, the color, and features. Irrespective of the rigor and pressure the watch is exposed to, it has all it takes to withstand the toughest environments.
Some interesting features of the wristwatch include the GPS which you can use to track your movement and location, constructed to U.S. military standard 810G for thermal, resistant to water and shock.
One other interesting feature is the heart monitor which helps to track your heart rate and some other activities. It has built-in 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter with global navigation satellite systems which is a resourceful feature for hunters.
The watch comes in different colors for you to choose from. It has a comfy band strap that wraps around your wrist comfortably thereby making it easier for you to wear the watch for a longer period. It has long-lasting battery life and the screen is clear enough for you to see the digital timing of the watch.
- TracBack feature to navigate the same route back to your starting point
- Monitor your estimated heart rate, activity, and stress
- Resistant to shock, thermal and water
- Perfect for all kind of outdoor activity
- It has no significant setback
Casio Men’s GW9400 Rangeman G-Shock Watch for outdoorsman
The first we have on this list is from the G-shock family known as Casio Men’s GW9400Rangeman G-Shock watch. The watch is well designed as it appears in a stylish look which makes it alluring coupled with the shade of green which makes it subtle.
The design or construction of the watch makes it rugged to beat off pressure from anything. It can handle any rigor and pressure from your hunting quest. Every part of the watch is made from high-quality materials and it has buttons that are soft to use for anyone.
This is a wristwatch that can be used by men and women. The stainless-steel case makes it rugged and the strap is comfy which makes it easier for you to wear for a longer period. You will be marveled at how you can barely feel you have a watch on your wrist because it is lightweight.
It has features such as altimeter and compass which are integrated for non-professional use. Do not expect much from the barometer and thermometer. It has a different time zone of which the home is displayed at all times and you can easily access the world time too.
It has a stopwatch for you to time yourself if need be, it has back-light which makes it easier for you to access the watch in low light condition. Also, it has a long battery life which means you have no reason to change any time soon from the day you get your watch.
- Back-light for low light condition
- Durable and rugged to handle pressure from hunting
- Safe and easy to use
- Easy to read as it comes in digital display
- Lightweight and portable
- Quite difficult to read the time during the cloudy condition
- It has a negative display
Luminox Men’s 3051 EVO Navy SEAL Colormark Watch
Luminox Original Navy SEAL XS.3051.F Mens Watch 44mm - Military Dive Watch in Black Date Function 200m Water Resistant
- Officially licensed by the United States Department of the Navy, the Navy SEAL series was developed to their specifications and suggestions. For over 25 years, Luminox has partnered with the world’s...
- Technical Specifications: 200 meters / 660 feet / 20 ATM water resistant, Extremely robust hardened mineral glass, Unidirectional rotating Bezel, Date, Protected crown, CARBONOX screw on case back.
- Lighting Technology: Blue & green Luminox Light Technology on dial ring and second, minute and hour hands (LLT) - LLT: Self-powered illumination system employing tiny micro gas light sources; Always...
- Details: Case diameter 44 mm, Case thickness 14 mm, Band length 8.25 inch, Band width 23 mm, Black CARBONOX case with Black Rubber band and Black dial.
- Trusted Quality and Warranty: Made in Switzerland, officially imported by Mondaine Watch Ltd. This watch has got 2 years of guarantee. In case of any defect or need of battery change get in contact...
If you are not a fan of digital watch for outdoor activity, then you can consider Luminox Men’s 3051 EVO Navy SEAL Colormark Watch. This is a stylish watch with an analog display. This falls into the family of quartz movement watch and can be used for all kinds of outdoor activities.
The watch comes in black color which might be a turn off for those who love flashy products. However, the white markers and points on the watch can be the reason you should consider the watch. It is stylish and adds a greater sense of fashion value to whoever wears the watch.
On the hand of the watch is luminous fill which is integrated to ensure you can see the light in low light conditions. You do not have to strain your eyes anymore in the dark to see the time with this wonderful feature.
The watch comes with 44mm case size which is the standard for most men’s watch out there in the market. The watch has a mineral dial window. The polyurethane band of the watch is comfy and convenient to use and it wraps around the wrist easily with a snug fit with the help of the buckle closure.
- Resistant to water
- Luminous fill on hands
- White markers for extra visibility in the dark
- Comfortable band strap
- Displays date
- Mineral dial crystal glass
- Not ideal for fish hunting or any activity related to water
GPS watch for hunter’s buyer’s guide
There are important things that you ought to ever consider whenever you want to get a wristwatch especially if you are a hunter.
With the nature of the profession, you might end up buying wristwatches often if you keep getting the one that is feeble and weak to withstand the pressure and rigor of hunting. Hunting is not an easy task as some do think it is.
There is a situation where you have to run after your target, you might trip off and fall on the ground and it can escalate to the point that you will roll on the ground before you get your footings back. There, you need a strong and quality watch to withstand all that with you.
The lightweight of the watch determines how long you will wear the watch. You will realize that most of the watches listed above, none have stainless steel bracelet and that is because you do not need a watch that will make sound or add weight to you while hunting.
Therefore, you should consider the weight of the watch. Will it is easy for you to move around with the watch without hassles, will you feel comfortable if you wear it for hours in the field, if those can’t be met, then you should never opt to buy such a wristwatch.
If you are going to be using a wristwatch for hunting, then it is very imperative that you consider the water-resistance. If you are getting a wristwatch that is not resistant to water, it means you will have to find a way to keep it off the water when you are cut up in the rain while hunting.
You can save yourself the stress by looking for a watch with a water-resistant feature. You do not have to worry even if you are caught up in the rain while hunting. The watch is already equipped with properties that make it viable to do away with water.
Battery life span
Is this a factor you should be concerned about? Of course, it is. You need to check the watch you are about to buy and ensure it has a long life battery span. However, most of those we have on the list above have a long battery life span so you have nothing to worry about if you ever choose from the lists above.
The price of quality watches is way high compared to those that are cheap. That which makes wristwatch expensive is the quality of the material used in construction, the build, the features, and the brand.
Those are things you should consider and if you are considering getting a quality watch for yourself being a hunter or for your friends and family as a gift, you should be ready to spend big to acquire the best from the market.
This post on the best watch for hunters put an end to your search for the best wristwatch as a hunter. With lots of resources out there online, you can easily make a big mistake by purchasing a less quality watch and you might find it hard to forgive yourself for that.
Going through the stress of returning goods can be avoided which is why we have given the right lists of watches you should consider above with things to consider when buying the watch.
Last update on 2024-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API